I am delighted to open up the doors to my new program The Keto- Fast- Plan. So many clients have requested a follow on program to my 10 day Keto Kickstart and it’s finally here! Fasting and keto really go hand in hand. Fasting can actually counteract some of the negative aspects of having a high fat diet such as decreased insulin sensitivity; so I would encourage anyone considering the keto diet longer term to incorporate some fasting into their lifestyle. The body can fast much easier when it has access to fat stores for energy. This is because appetite decreases, cravings disappear and mood and energy stabilise. All the things that drive mindless eating!!
In every written source of all cultures and religions there is mention of fasting. Fasting has been used for health and spirituality for thousands of years and has been associated with health and longevity as well as younger looking skin and weight loss. Autophagy literally translates into ‘self – eating’ and it’s the detox process your body undergoes to clean out damaged cells to regenerate new ones. Autophagy begins when liver glycogen is depleted, around 12-16 hours into a fast. It is thought that autophagy peaks around this time, and then drops after about 2 days. This is where the whole 16/8hour intermittent fasting has originated from where people are encouraged to eat for 8 hours then to fast for the other 16…
This program is a combination of 2 plans: keto kickstart + fasting plan which marry together to give you a 21 day program with a €21 discount..!
- Day 1-10 Keto Kickstart recipes will help your body to transition into ketosis. This will train your body to use body fat for energy while ditching excess body fluid. On average clients have lost between 5-10lbs during the first 10 days of the program.
- Day 11-20 Fasting recipes will help you introduce intermittent fasting by extending your over night fasting window to 14-16 hours.
- Day 21: Your first 24 hour fast – once you feel confident with intermittent fasting then you can trial a 24 hour fast. Choose your favourite meal over the last 20 days to break your fast or treat yourself with a Lo-Carb pizza! I’ve included a recipe link in the support group!
- Facebook Group – for any questions and support
- Video Support – to help you through all the stages of the transitioning process, especially the dreaded keto flu!
- Supplement Recommendations – to make the whole process as easy and gentle as possible 🙂
- Exercise links – Easy to follow home exercise videos. (These are totally optional for the second half of the program and vary from 10-20 minutes in length.)